Exotic Leopard wood Wax Tablet with bronze stylus $60.00
- measure 4¼ x 5¾ inches when closed
- have two panels of hand-pigmented red beeswax inside (red wax only, black wax sold out)
- come with a hand forged bronze stylus (one end for writing, one for erasing).
- are indefinitely re-usable, and will not melt until brought until 145F or 62C.
- are made from Leopard Wood
Historically, wax tablets were used from ancient Roman and Greek times through the renaissance period for everything from art design to industry records and inventory. They are panels of wood, carved out and filled with pigmented bee's wax. These are great for SCA members, renaissance festival enthusiasts, and anybody who needs a note pad.
The tablets and styli are made by us at Scribal Workshop, our family business, right here in the U.S.A. (We have outsourced our wax production to a very efficient hive of U.S. bees, but we do all the wax melting and pigment mixing - not to mention wax pouring - in house.)